Paris, Day 1
Had a LONG sleep last night. It was marvelous after such a crappy crossing the night before. Woke up to the sound of the church bells, “was that 9 gongs?” No, it was more like 10 by the time we got up.
Given our late start, we thought we would take a bus tour of the city. It came with our Museum pass and is a good way to get a ‘lay of the land’ for future exploration. We picked up the bus on the Seine and went through the Latin Quarterthen down river and across the bridge to the obelisk. *
* !(/img/2018/04/51362EE7-B18C-445F-ADEA-951FACA1FA61.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/C8139EF7-1CF0-43F6-A59A-65E941B46D09.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/E347A8D3-4A7C-4466-B952-7CE744EECD08.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/0AEA676A-2EB5-463C-B3A1-17847772B0F3.jpeg)
On the other side, we did a little loop around and went a way up the Champs Elysses. *
* !(/img/2018/04/B5A2C3FD-6A9E-460A-A205-C441EAFD6348.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/10298C35-A85E-47A8-B5FA-A1EEB3368802.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/36F0C88B-BA6C-46B1-B3FD-3060047EC5D5.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/86B92D77-D792-46BA-9BDA-6DD25908F26C.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/009013C7-C572-4C98-9F5D-E86E145381CD.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/5D67ECA3-D446-4088-BEFD-1B1A06FD38E5.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/6BE0F914-2ED1-41B7-8B44-7948BC92F2E2.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/3EDEEEFD-F792-40DB-9772-96CBBD3EB29A.jpeg)
We decided to get off at the Arc and give it a go. There are 281 steps (or thereabouts, I actually lost count around 17…). Elizabeth thought it would be a great thing to have a water fountain at the top (alas they did not). The view was the second best in town. *
* !(/img/2018/04/EE882C7A-C8A4-4CCB-A8AE-D7A5E2C4B720.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/4743483E-F674-4202-9AFD-5257CB8D95CE.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/83D4ECA9-7DD4-43ED-BECE-1A8BAA0BA785.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/75CFFA51-40C9-4103-BF93-4EAF289152FC.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/DB555599-7F81-4C75-B275-2892459A6146.jpeg)
The Eiffel Tower
The best place for photos of the city is from the Eiffel Tower. The first time I came to Paris, in the late 1990’s, I though to myself, “I don’t need to wait in line, I’ll just take the stairs!” That was dumb. This time, we were smart and eventually went all the way to the top. Absolutely wonderful view all around. Be prepared to stand in a line or two… *
* !(/img/2018/04/5F6BAF89-3249-404F-9DF4-ECB3775571CF.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/2FE00AE8-E395-41D8-B217-8EA89E5D5690.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/3322D585-2108-4076-8577-EFEBCBB431C5.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/2A1C1F0F-AF2B-4EC7-A807-7B656FA1AFCD.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/6B88A1E5-E821-4EDA-B229-2EF2C12B7D2B.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/1ED06E33-0186-4187-8F71-F0BD794293E9.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/330BCF99-FFBA-49AA-A7F8-14E8080D4D15.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/EF19014F-9ED4-4614-8F5F-78DBF947A0F5.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/3C49172C-F797-4AED-96B8-1F28D6FE8104.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/3F242BC0-6DE6-415F-A18C-0C059635AF30.jpeg)
A great time all around. I recommend that if you do go and have a bit of time to kill, go up to Trocadero Circle. There are some great cafes there and we had a blast at this one. We were able to find the closest thing to Easter Pashka for Sarah to enjoy on this Easter Sunday. *
* !(/img/2018/04/BC9A632B-B555-4146-8E74-F43D31154DCB.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/00039161-BC08-4DA6-806E-42B1883F32F9.jpeg) * !(/img/2018/04/C60FBB96-D114-477E-9B2A-83F4FE87955F.jpeg)
Here are a host of the images taken today as a jumbled album.