Here is my first venture into kielbasa, a pork/beef sausage.
- 2.5# ground beef (OK, I didn’t actually grind this myself.)
- 2.5# pork sholder
- 2T Kosher salt
- 2T mustard seeds
- 1.5t white sugar
- 1t marjoram (fresh if you have it)
- 1t cayenne powder
- 3/4t garlic powder
- 1t pink salt (#1) w/ water to dissolve I mixed it all together and let set for a few hours in the fridge to get equilibrated (?)
I then stuffed it into pork casings and hung in the large curing chamber (aka garage) for an hour.
I then started the smoking.
Here is the regime.
- One hour @ 130°F with no smoke to dry out.
- Two hours @ 140°F with smoke.
- 160°F until the internal temperature exceeded 150°F.
- Hung to bloom.
Packaged up for the fridge. Overall, it came out fairly well, but I’m not that impressed with this recipe. I think next time I’ll with a water bath approach. That being said, sausage is sausage and mixed with a frosty adult beverage, it will help you get through a sunday of football…